WHA is looking for a Drilling Superintendent
CV Applications must include:
- Full name
- Place of birth/ Date of birth/Nationality
- Current address
- Native language/language skills
- Current position
- Postions and education must include dates, location
- Notice period
- 3 references wih HR contact for each
Manage multiple drilling crews forecast and plan equipment, tooling, material and manpower needs for completion of multiple drilling wells.
- Delivery of the work program on time and on budget
- Conduct morning calls and review morning reports with the Drilling Manager
- Strong HSE delivery record,
- Provides and supports Drilling Superviosers regarding daily activities on the rig including safety, training, managing of Promptt, promoting internal personnel.
- Ensure that necessary materials and equipment are on-site to support the schedule. Advise Drilling Manager of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc.; assist in circumventing and resolving such problems.
- Completes daily reporting of drilling & Completion, work progress and work schedule forecasts.
- Manage mobilization of equipment, tooling and crews from project to project Continuous improvement of the work program
- Reduction in non-performance time.
- Manage drilling operations to minimize rig down time and rig operating expenditures.
- Responsible for the overall safety implementation for assigned rigs.
- Coordinates rig moves within the field with rig Contracter
- Reviews Rig Expense Reports to monitor and track operating costs regulerly
- Keeps Drilling Manager updated on the status and operation of assigned rigs.
- Provide technical trouble shooting when problems occur on the drilling rig.
- Conduct meetings service providers, to increase the efficiency of the service
- Other tasks may be assigned as needed Conduct after actions reviews, section reviews and incorporation of lessons learned to enhance learning efficiency of the Drilling Operation.
- Review equipment planning with Drilling Engineer, Drilling Supervisors and the Material & Logistics Coordinator to ensure timely equipment arrivals and to eliminate equipment overstocking.
- Perform wellsite inspections to ensure that safety programs are conducted and monitored by the drilling contractors in a manner consistent with HSE policies in conjunction with the Senior Drilling Supervisors' site specific HSE plan.
- Plan the mobilization for upcoming projects.
Bachelors degree in Engineering, preferably Petroleum Engineering or equivalent technical field Graduate
- Crew training experience
- 15 years of rig based supervisory
- 5 years Experience as Drilling Superintendent position
- IWCF level 4 well control
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- 15 years plus within the drilling industry, demonstrable track record of moving up through the positions
- Down-hole tool knowledge – to include directional drilling, survey equipment, drilling tool, drilling fluid chemistry, fishing, completions, well testing, DST, artificial lift.
- Supervisory skills with a multi-discipline multi ethnic team
- Extensive working knowledge of land based exploration and development rig based activities in a sour environment.
- Culturally sensitive
- Mentoring skills
- Well Control competency
- SimOps coordination between Drilling / Production / Construction operations
- Artificial lift experience (Electric Submersible Pumps)
- Well work over and remediation
- Well pad construction design and layout for operations
If you fit this position, feel free to submit your CV.
Mention clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference number of the job you are applying for.